Moved to Github Pages and Jekyll
I was using Project Nami and Azure SQL for my wordpress, but I decided against that as I don’t need all that mess, so I moved to Github Pages and Jekyll. I now have a static webpage, less management and, theoretically, people can submit PR’s to fix my stuff ;)
- Project Nami and Jekyll exporter do not play well together (at all), so I had to export all the data using wordpress export and import it to a fresh wordpress install (using docker-compose)
- Installed and used Jekyll exporter plugin (which didn’t exactly work, but it created temp files in
/tmp, so I went into the container and tared them and downloaded over the http server)
- Followed this article
- Found lots of small bugs\inconsistencies and fixed them for several hours (and probably next several days; actually still fixing)
Meanwhile, if you found this in google and it redirects you to the main page instead of the post you are looking for just do a search for the post name on the main page with `Ctrl+F`.
Apparently Jekyll redirect cannot help with my trouble. So I’ve used sitemap.xml and google webmaster console to reindex the site, I don’t know if it hurts my SEO, but well, nothing I can do.
I’ve spent a last few days fighting css and fixing a logo\icon for meself. Its not that css is hard, I just rarely use that, so its a bit hard to get into it everytime I have to do it again ;)
So I guess I’m happier now. Best of luck folks.